Only 6 days left to vote for your favourite artists ! You’ve probably heard about it. I mean who wouldn’t have. In this time when everybody seems to create their own music service (BBC Playlister, Deezer Classical, Beats Music, Youtube Music… yes, you heard well!), the giant and forever loved-by-all Youtube (Yes, we love Youtube) is about to launch the Youtube Music Awards.
REMEMBER THE DATE ! November 3rd
It’s a unique opportunity to support your favourite Youtube stars and beyond ! Yes, we know, Sam Tsui, the Schneider brothers and Tiffany Alvord are not part of it (…yet!) but Boyce Avenue, The Piano Guys and Pentagonix & Lindsey Stirling are (with their amaaaazing cover of Imagine Dragons’ “Radioactive”) and you should definitely support them !
1 – This is a first step towards music from independent artists
If big stars like Rihanna and Miley Cyrus are part of the event, so are “Youtube Stars”, undiscovered talents that you, user, chose to support by sharing, liking, and commenting on their videos. Indeed, the videos were selected depending on their views, likes, comments and channel subscriptions since September 2012. Youtube is giving once again a chance to these artists to be featured in a big worldwide event. This is the first edition of the Youtube Music Awards. Knowing the beautiful Google/Youtube duo, there will be more to come. Make sure to vote for your favourite artists now !
2 – You can attend this awesome event from your couch
We know you’re lazy. Everybody is (a little) sometimes. After all, we’re all human beings. And even if you’re the kind of person who uses the Couchcachet app to fake an awesome social life, this event has been designed to be attended from your couch !
3 – The decision is yours
You are the only judge in this. I mean. You, and the other fans. You can vote for your favourite artist in each category. All you need to do is share their nominee video on social networks :
- Video of the Year – The most fan engagement
- Artist of the Year – The most watched, shared, liked, and subscribed-to artists
- Response of the Year – The Most Interesting Category ! Best fan remix, parody or response video
- Youtube Phenomenon – YouTube trends the world could not escape from
- YouTube Breakthrough – Artists who experienced the biggest growth in views and subscribers – Go Support Passenger & Macklemore !
- Innovation of the Year – Most innovative video of the year
4 – It’s a free concentrate of awesomeness
The nominated artists are promising ones. For the newcomers, you’ll be happy to have contributed in your own way to their upcoming career. For the famous ones, you’ll just show some love but it will all be worth it.
5 – One day you might be part of it
You’re a solo artist or have a band? I know it might sound crazy, but think about it. This is accessible for you. If your music is great and people support it like they did for Passenger or Pentatonix, maybe one day you could take part in the project. Who knows? Life is full of surprises. So let’s keep this event alive for the upcoming years !
Now let’s get to the part you want to actually hear about : Give us the names of the Nominees ! Well. Here they are !
VIDEO OF THE YEAR
- Demi Lovato: “Heart Attack”
- Epic Rap Battles of History: “Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney”
- Girls’ Generation: “I Got A Boy”
- Justin Bieber (feat. Nicki Minaj): “Beauty And A Beat”
- Lady Gaga: “Applause”
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis (feat. Mary Lambert): “Same Love”
- Miley Cyrus: “We Can’t Stop”
- One Direction: “Best Song Ever”
- PSY: “Gentleman”
- Selena Gomez: “Come & Get It”
ARTIST OF THE YEAR
– Eminem, Epic Rap Battles of History, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Nicki Minaj, One Direction, PSY, Rihanna, Taylor Swift
RESPONSE OF THE YEAR
- Boyce Avenue (feat. Fifth Harmony): “Mirrors”
- Jayesslee: “Gangnam Style”
- Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix: “Radioactive”
- ThePianoGuys: “Titanium / Pavane”
- Walk Off the Earth (feat. KRNFX): “I Knew You Were Trouble”
- Gangnam Style
- Harlem Shake
- I Knew You Were Trouble
- Thrift Shop
- Kendrick Lamar
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
- Naughty Boy
INNOVATION OF THE YEAR
- Anamanaguchi: “ENDLESS FANTASY”
- Atoms For Peace: “Ingenue”
- Bat For Lashes: “Lilies”
- DeStorm: “See Me Standing”
- Toro Y Moi: “Say That”